Details & requirements for a film to be telecast on DD-IDPA Documentary Slot “NEW HORIZONS , Telecast weekly on Saturdays at 12 Noon on DD National
A Film / Documentaries / Short films should be :
- Duration: 24 minutes.
- The DD will make payments after 60 days of telecast.
- Film to be submitted to IDPA on DVD or pen drive for the IDPA selection committee.
- Once selected by the IDPA Selection Committee, the film to be submitted to IDPA, on a hard drive / pen drive (if not earlier submitted in that format) with a high resolution good quality which will be sent to DD for preview, once approved for telecast, the film has to be submitted on optical disc.
- The telecast master of the film has to be transferred onto new, previously unused, Professional Optical Disc, HD Format in 16: 9 Aspect Ratio which is in adherence to quality requirements of the Broadcast code. This to be done once the film is approved by DD.
- The Optical Disc & Transfer cost shall be borne by the film maker.
- Prasar Bharti will have exclusive rights for 1 year and non exclusive rights in perpetuity.
- In addition to Hindi / English documentaries & short film, regional language films can also be submitted with subtitles in English or Hindi.
Required papers while submitting film.
- Copy of the Censor Certificate – this determines the age of the film.
- A brief synopsis of the film.
- Within 3 years from the date of telecast @ Rs. 2, 00,000/- (Rupees Two Lakhs Only) – 24 Minutes.
- Award Winning films and iconic films irrespective of their production year or date will be paid @ Rs. 2, 50,000/- (Rupees Two Lakhs Fifty Thousand Only) 24 Minutes.
- The payment shall be subject to the applicable TDS, VAT, GSTIN or any other statutory dues
Once the film is approved and before the telecast the following paper work has to be done:-
- AGREEMENT- between IDPA & Film maker
- INDEMNITY BOND
- GST LETTER- NOC form the film maker if GSTIN not applicable.
- COVERING LETTER – copyright
- ITR – 3 YEARS – Last 3 years
- BILL – TRIPLICATE – to be submitted to IDPA
- CENSOR CERTIFICATE
- SYNOPSIS- Brief – maximum one page
- Promo of the film to be submitted to IDPA
- COPY OF PAN
- BANK DETAILS – to be provided for on line transfer from DD.